Compiling a playlist?
Structure of your playlist:
You probably already have a collection/ library of songs that has been collected over the years. I’m sure in this year and age a lot of people do a bit of research online as well. I would recommend that you consider the following:
- List about 30-40 core songs [If you want to provide more songs it's up to you].
- Categorize them as follows [Listening pleasure/ background music, Our must play songs, Special guest requests, Slow songs & Party/ dance songs].
- Your song list must be formatted with the Artist name followed by the Song Title and if it's a remix/ original track eg. Michael Jackson-You Rock My World [Sunshine mix].
- A good idea is to email your guests and ask them to recommend a song or two that they would like to dance to.
- How many slow v/s fast dance songs?
- During dinner what type of background music do you want?
- Are there any particular songs that you & your friends will like played that you grew listening to?
- Don't forget that you will have your parents, aunts, uncles, grandparents & maybe kids nephews & nieces etc. Will the song be age appropriate?
- If your playlist is for a wedding you will want specific songs played when the bridal party, bride & groom make an entrance into the hall as Mr & Mrs, Cake cutting song, Your first dance, father & daughter dance, Mother & son dance, Bouquet toss song, Garter toss song, Bride & Groom exit song, Your first dance, father & daughter dance, Mother & son dance, Bouquet toss song, Garter toss song, Bride & Groom exit song.
- Specifically, for the bridal party if you are getting dance classes for your first dance that is brilliant. But if not please practice dancing your first dance as the song may be 3min long will feel like an hour when all your guest's eyes are on the two of you.
- your first dance song, it would be a good idea for you to email a link to the actual song that you want played as there may be different artists that song the same song.
Once i run your playlist of songs through my database of songs i will email and advise you if i do not have them and it is up to you to email the song to me if they are important songs that must be played.